PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Emergency Landing at East Midlands
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2014, 14:55
marcus1290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This really really winds me up. I have many friends who work for Jet2 in both flight crew and cabin crew roles, and I hate how these news reports give them and the company a bad name.

If you listen to the interview on the BBC website and read the article, there are a few things which clearly point out that the passengers paid no attention to the safety brief or reviewed the safety cards.

"His friend Rob forced one of the doors open, ran to the end of the wing and jumped down on to the tarmac.

He then helped other passengers who were running along the wings down on to the runway."

If the cabin crew hadn't initiated the opening of the over wing doors, why would a passenger do it themselves? If the crew hadn't given the go-ahead for it, that would tell me that there may have been a concern that there was a possibility of fire either from the engines, from underneath the aircraft or something. As for running to the end of the wings and jumping off, im 100% certain that over wing exits are not described this way in any safety briefing. So why are the passengers doing it? This also happened with the GLA incident.

Furthermore, in the interview, the gent says that the cabin crew were shouting at the passengers to leave their bags because the passengers had their bags in their hands.......WHY?? Its made clear that in the event of an emergency, leave ALL belongings.

This has nothing to do with Jet2 procedures and their crew, its to do with bloody stupid passengers not following procedures or orders and doing what they please. Cabin crew acting the way they did was clearly in an attempt to regain control of the passengers for their own safety.