PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2014, 11:22
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Alan,

On a recent Emirates flight back to Melbourne I managed to escape from my window seat where passage had been blocked by something resembling a corpse to take a whiz. Not too keen to get back to my seat I struck up a conversation with someone who had helped himself to one of the three empty bulkhead seats near the galley. Turns out he was a self made man from the building industry who has retired, travels often overseas with his wife, owns a few properties, has set up his kids financially, and upgrades his luxury car every couple of years. Then his cousin shows up who coincidently turned out to be someone I know very well, another self made man of similar standing. A celebration was in order and the staff of Emiriates Airlines on this flight were all too helpful in getting our little party under way inbetween their regular duties, thank you very much guys and gals.

When the subject of airline travel popped up in our conversation both these men said without any hesitation Qantas is now sh!t. Think about it Alan, they are spreading this message to their wives, their families, their friends and their business associates. They are not saying Qantas is sh!t they are saying Qantas is now sh!t, there is a difference Alan.

In a day when the term Asian business trip is a euphemism for sex tour, and high flying executives snort cocaine off little Asian boy’s butt cheeks I can see just how unsexy it is to be a rote following dullard called a worker, and what a boring way to make your money too. I suppose you’re not like the others and deserved that salary, and those staff and services cuts must simply be details facilitating your big picture journey. One could say you have succeeded in moulding Qantas into an image of yourself, the now, all congratulations to you sir.

Sincerely,
Cattletruck