PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boris Island Rejected
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2014, 03:22
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How coukd they put it there anyway. I'm. Not over familiar with A TV and airspace I enjoy this forum. As someone who's health prevented me from becoming a pilot .
Byt through reading the (don't flame me for admitting this) Flight sim and observing The complex movements on FR24.
So maybe somebody here with the technical knowledge can explain how they would slit it so close to.Southend Airport. Lydd ok tgats Empty at the moment but im willing to bet it will. Do.well quite quickly.
And then LCY which is in the East . Plus im.sure ive seen Stanstead and Luton bound traffic vectoring over that area.
LCY has plans for was it 6 million a year or was it 3 either way a hell of a lot. Plus extensions . And id not be surprised despite saying otherwise they'd gain a second runway or a heft extension.
Money is power and LCY in the heart of the City coukd make it happen.
Simply from an Air traffic point of view. It's going to be mayhem or would be.
And you've got as again FR24 . Shows flights to Bristol Bhx all descending there. And albiet much higher but Manchester bound stuff seems to start its decent there.
So that's a lot of existing traffic. Before you add a four or six runway superhub.
They then have to have the days when they have to approach from the west . Which means more noise for a greater swathe of London. .It would mean redrawing all those approach charts and redesign new approach paths.
Yet on the flip side Heathrow is at the end if it's usefulness.
A third runway which isn't going to be very long will be a sticking plaster at best.
The only way lit could work is to have two 12000 or longer to allow take offs and landings from the same runways to the Northwest and southwest.
Totally wiping out sips on. And other areas the southwestern runway. Wouldn't that impinge on the resouvuoir.
Then where do you put the Terminals.
And your still faced with a very fast expanding LCY and the sheer extra number of flight movements coukd mean that all the tcas in thecworkd may bit be enough in bad weather to prevent at least more than one mud air accident.
They'd be come tragically regular. I read its already on the brink now.
So Do they reopen and rebuild Northolt. Extend and give that a second runway.
Link it by high speed train or tube or Maglev to Heathrow and reroute every single uk and Irish domestic flights into there. And id probably add Amsterdam , Paris And Frankfurt in And Brussels.
Basically All Domestic and The nearest EU flights.
But how many slots woukd that give them.
Without a nrw runway?.
Or maybe the Main alternative is staring them in the face.
HS2 Is to Run directly beneath East Midlands.
If they can build a full sized underground station for cross rail they could build a stop at the airport.
I woukd look at EMA its right by the motorway . Going to be ontop of HS2 there's land a plenty to build another three runways.
The Cargo ops could shift up to DSA. THAT'S getting a full link road fro. The motorway and is attached to a new rail freight terminal.
And again perhaps with a link from there onto THE ECML some international flights especially eastern European flights eg LOT and Tarom. S7 and many others could do.well at DSA its built quite a niche with Eastern Europe .
But EMA would be an ideal half already made UK hub Airport its nearer the middle of THE UK.
Surrounded by motorways abd close to railways.
Huge Populations close by. And id bet on HS2 40 mins into central London.
Close Heathrow. Redevelope the cause and finally regenerate a terribly run down part of London .
The UK Hub Airport should not be set in stone that it has to be In London.