PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 19:00
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A happy start to the day.

Some days it's worth getting out bed and opening the mail; I don't do a lot of 'warm and fuzzy' in the normal way of things, but this started my day with definite feel good vibe.

Media Release: 3 September, 2014.

Which starts with:

In a formal Submission to Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development Warren Truss, the Virgin Independent Pilots Association (VIPA) claims the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has mounted a coordinated and vigorous campaign to discriminate against pilots who have colour vision deficiency (CVD).

Members of the VIPA Executive, along with the President of the Australian and International Pilots Association (AIPA), will meet with Minister Truss today to highlight how, despite assurances from CASA, changes to CVD practices have been introduced without full industry consultation.
And ends with:

“CVD pilots are just the latest group to be targeted by the PMO and their plight highlights the reason why VIPA and many in the industry are calling for an urgent overhaul of the AvMed section of CASA.”

Mr O’Hara will be joined by the Australian and International Pilots Association (AIPA) President, Nathan Safe, along with Senator David Fawcett, Mr O’Brien and Dr Arthur Pape, an authority in CVD, at today’s meeting with Minister Truss in Parliament House.
The words are mundane enough but the brilliant Fawcett, the doughty O'Hara and the stalwart Safe; in combination with Pape could make a stone idol blink. Truss is acting PM and to get into his office, let alone a 20 minute audience is not a shabby effort. Well done all, Bravo...... Chocolate frogs in the mail; hell I might even send the DPM one.

Toot toot...