PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 05:55
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^^^ reiterate what dihedral said. again. I'm not even HAN based so I take no responsibility for anyone's disappointment or claim to being some kind of guru about VNA.

Also on further reflection ... I think I was talking as much about the country as the job, in my previous post when I was scoring it 7 out of 10. The job's only a small part of the picture.

- If you're the kind of captain who gets driven crazy by nothing less than operational and SOP perfection, don't come here.
- If you're aspiring management, or have a captain-is-god complex, don't come here.
- If your idea of fun is sitting by the fireplace drinking port, or polishing the Bentley on your immaculately manicured driveway of your country house, don't come here.
- If you can't handle maximum hours and chaotic rostering, don't come here.

- If you're the kind of guy who goes to work, gets on with everyone, does the job with minimum fuss, goes home and then likes to go out and spend their very large salary partying in a cheap, filthy, fascinating asian mega city, then you'll like it here.
- If you're a divorced horny old captain looking for a cute young thing to take care of you in your retirement, then you'll like it here.
- If you want a base to explore asia and do stuff like hop off to thailand for the weekend for some diving or cambodia for jungle exploring or something, then you'll like it here.

I'm sure you all get the picture. Take the job for what it is and use it as a platform to go have some fun in your life. This place isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you approach it with the right attitude, it's as fun as a barrel of monkeys