PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 20:28
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dancing with Trolls and the like.

Sarcs - "Hey Rob how about having a chat with Phil to get a feel for how your current conciliatory approach will eventually end in tears while dealing with the current toxic FF culture.
Strewth Sarcs; Phil has a track record of equable dealing with CASA and a reputation for being able to negotiate and balance the 'regulator' and 'industry' standpoints. He has done and continues to do so, very well indeed without selling out to the dark side. It's what AOPAA and now the looks like the (RR version) of AIHA have failed miserably to do; it will all come down to money in the end. Government money, to foster and promote the 'agency' standpoint. Casasexuals are notorious for 'selective hearing', the rustle of crisp $100 bills creating foreground noise. I doubt Phil would waste his wind or time. If AIHA was 'fair dinkum' they would seek to collaborate with the various 'alphabet' groups, not independently negotiate with CASA. By joining in the chorus for 'reform'; we may even get it if the 'industry' sticks together. There are those in 'Chopper world' who simply cannot stay in business if this part 61 rule set, as it stands is allowed to take root.

The time to kill it was during the 'consulting' phase; now it's law the industry is screaming. To change it, retrospectively will require a big effort from all; all together. The introduction should be deferred until a 'proper', open, honest consultation and MoS have been considered and debated. As it is we're stuck with it, everyone looking to the other for salvation; or what's in it for me. Sad testimony of industry, even the 'heavies' have failed to weigh in. We are, it seems an industry conditioned to serve the regulator; that's arse about face if you think on it.

Much is written on the perils of doing deals, or dancing with devil. I notice each story, every time, ends in tears. With settlement money rapidly diminishing, perhaps some of the wiser heads in AHIA could have a quiet word before the inevitable happens. If that seems cryptic – I suggest a little independent research; it's not a happy story, but then real life rarely is.

Toot toot

Last edited by Kharon; 2nd Sep 2014 at 03:33. Reason: Clarity