PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 20:13
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glofish

How right you are. Just did my CRM and the day was interesting. Very, very negative comments, some justified but most not so. Once one had started, the floodgates opened. Most subjects were hijacked by a group intent on proving how pissed off they were. Great at spreading malicious rumours and idle gossip too but, when pushed, it was obvious that they had little or no facts of the real events. Then I did a little research.

Of the group, 2 were permanent F/O's, another had been a Captain but was demoted, 1 Captain had been removed as a trainer, 1 F/O (who thought he knew it all and was god's gift to aviation) had failed his command course last year and another was a Captain after succeeding second time round. His wife though had moved back to Europe with the kids and he's trying to commute, as was another guy. So, out of about 13 guys, over half had 'history' and 'issues'. It was the 'perfect storm'.

Seeing how they conducted themselves in class, I can now see why the Company acted as it did!

Harry