PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 04:24
mooseknuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of living is one issue but being able to enjoy your job depends 100% on your fleet and tolerance for night flying. The paradox for me us that I'm relatively happy with dubai. Lots of friends and hobbies etc. However, the job is seriously lacking. I've been seriously looking for a better job and there are a lot out there that pay better and provide a better lifestyle. Then I realize that I'll be moving to the 380 soon and that's like getting a new job without having to move.

Whatever you do, do not take a job on the 340/340 fleet now. It is a dying fleet and every hour you spend is wasted toward command. In addition, every hour you spend will be either at night, in Africa, or in a war zone. I'm not joking about the last part.

I know this place must look like paradise compared to (insert LLC), but the long line of you guys waiting to be abused has seriously hindered our salary and benefits progression. They see an unlimited resource of pilots and feel no need to change anything to keep or attract people. If you are offended by that, then you are probably part of the problem.

Anyway, back to talking about schools, food, blah, blah.....