PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2014, 10:33
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious to know if anyone knows if BA are planning any more new routes from Gatwick next Summer. I know several new routes to places such as Bodrum, Rhodes, Fuertventura, Friedrichshafen, Grenoble, Dalaman, Crete and Cagliari have already been announced, but in last couple of years they have announced others at fairly short notice.
As I have said elsewhere Catania could see an increase with the withdrawal of Air One. Also from a personal point of view Paphos flights always seem heavily booked at 5 times weekly. Maybe a return to daily could be possible? Already flights quite highly priced for next May and June.
Further on short haul is there much chance of Las Palmas, Funchal or Palma making a come back? Also Madrid still missing as an IAG hub, although I know it is well served by others from LGW.
On long haul I still see scope for the Seychelles especially as their is a plan to increase capacity at British Airways Holidays. There was a debate on LGW-Bangkok recently on several forums but that seems to have gone away!! Maybe as more 787s are delivered, plus some A380s and later the A350S more 777s will be available. Interesting times ahead.