PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2014, 11:59
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...just that FTE are the first to announce it.
Out of interest, where was this announced? The FTE website doesn't appear to be any different to last year as far as the BA FPP is concerned (at least as far as I can remember), and what it does say about the selection process is not what actually happened. The initial application included written responses and a set of multi-choice questions, none of which were timed. After that FTE invited candidates to one assessment day (and only one assessment day) where the tests, group exercises and interviews were carried out. Those who were successful were then invited to Waterside.

I would be very surprised if the essay questions had to be answered under timed conditions on the next intake, for a variety of reasons:

i) As you point out, BA encourage applicants to take their time writing their answers.
ii) The application system was painfully slow last time around for about the first week, and unless it becomes much more reliable it wouldn't seem feasible to have it timing people while they were writing.
iii) It would be difficult to stop people from establishing what the questions were before applying, and then simply typing in (or pasting) pre-prepared answers when they commence the timed application.

Can't see it...