PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 7X EFB CMA-1100
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2014, 10:51
Aslak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon 7X EFB CMA-1100

A word of advice for anyone involved in specification process of a new 7X.

Some years ago, while making all the specs for a brand new 7X, we decided to take the approved and installed EFBs.

If we would have know what we know now = all the other aircraft fully approved with iPads, we would have never taken it.

Few things to consider besides of high price.

The EFB is a CMA-1100 which stows more or less nicely away when needed.
The problem however is, that the EFB slides up and down, and when open, you have a keyboard that you can use.

In 7X however, the approved installation does not leave any room for the EFB to open.
Basically, if you want to use the keyboard, you have to take it out.
You do have something called virtual keyboard, but it is not as functional as the actual keyboard and in addition to that, it does not work with some extra programs, for example with performance calculator GURU.

The EFB itself comes with a really nice performance program called Falcon Performance. However, since it does not have any contamination data, it is pretty useless for an European AOC operator. It may however work well with private operations or someone who does not need the contamination date that much.

These "small details" never came out with the demostration, and I must say that the delivered end product really spoiled my day

If I have understood correctly, the EFBs in other Easy cockpits work better.
However, that one is only a rumour.

Otherwise the aircraft itself is great!

Last edited by Aslak; 25th Aug 2014 at 13:11.