PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 23:39
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little perspective please.

It would seem that there are three parts to this problem:

1) A Tiger aeroplane had an incorrect fuel plan for a flight to Perth. The crew used initiative to attempt to fix these issues (with attendant curfew time pressures). This incident highlighted deficiencies in the flight planning / operational control areas of the operation.

2) The PIC of said aeroplane was accused of drug abuse, CASA suspended his medical, and Tiger sacked him. As to the co-operation or conspiring of Tiger and CASA; this is unknown, and could have been explored through discovery during a court process.

3) Details of the above events have leaked to the national newspapers, the sacked PIC is in the frame for the leaks.

Tiger were perversely given a gift when point 3 occurred. It now matters naught what the details of point 1 and 2 are. He can be legitimately sacked for point 3.
I submit that if the chronology of these three points is correct then, as a sacked employee, he is not bound by any company media policy and as a private citizen can say whatever he likes to the media. If he was sacked at point 2, point 3 is irrelevant.

Actually I submit there are actually four points to this problem. The three you listed, and then a fourth which are Monday Morning Quarterbacks such as yourself TT.

All of you, put yourself in Capt. Guy's position and truly question what your response would be. If what he says is indeed correct, or even partially correct, then he has been treated very unfairly indeed. I find it very unsettling that my fellow pilots are more incensed by some possibly ill considered posts by OEB than the travesty that Capt. Guy is faced with.

I know I would be extremely angry if this had happened to me. I suggest I would probably also write and say things that I wouldn't if I hadn't been so angry.

Is it helping his case, probably not, but I think he has every right to vent some frustration. People all react to extreme stress differently. As his fellow pilots it reflects very poorly on some of us that we're not ready to support him during this very stressful time. And by support, I don't mean lining up to tell him what he's doing wrong. That just adds more stress to the situation.

And to turn this into a union issue is just reprehensible.

Good luck Capt Guy, OEB et al. I wish you all the best. If what you say is true I sincerely hope that the truth is revealed and those that created the situation you face are held accountable for their actions.

Last edited by IsDon; 21st Aug 2014 at 01:48.