PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 08:19
Tony the Tiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rad Alt Alive comes out with some good advice, and you come back with this invective:

OEB
Rad Alt Alive
Mate you seem to think i value your opinion? I have absolutely no interest in anything you have to say. Your advice about unions is infantile. 90% of experienced pilots know this.You go to Fair Work Australia then The HRC then The Federal Court. I'm sure you're across all this though. I'v done nothing but post 100% truth and now all you experts come out with your, unrealistic, unworkable, unfeasible, non-viable, impracticable ill-considered, ill-thought-out, illogical, unreasonable, far-fetched, half-baked bull**** ideas.
You are simply, unenlightened, uninformed and uncultivated.
You're probably on both knees with your mouth open ready to swallow whatever the company tells you to.
There are none so deaf as those who will not listen.

It would seem that there are three parts to this problem:

1) A Tiger aeroplane had an incorrect fuel plan for a flight to Perth. The crew used initiative to attempt to fix these issues (with attendant curfew time pressures). This incident highlighted deficiencies in the flight planning / operational control areas of the operation.

2) The PIC of said aeroplane was accused of drug abuse, CASA suspended his medical, and Tiger sacked him. As to the co-operation or conspiring of Tiger and CASA; this is unknown, and could have been explored through discovery during a court process.

3) Details of the above events have leaked to the national newspapers, the sacked PIC is in the frame for the leaks.

Tiger were perversely given a gift when point 3 occurred. It now matters naught what the details of point 1 and 2 are. He can be legitimately sacked for point 3.

And that is the problem with running a media strategy rather than industrial relations strategy. OEB, you’ve kicked an own goal. I have ZERO respect for your antics, but true to form you criticize pilots on here who were offering sage advice.

You didn’t join a union when 80% of your mates did. You didn’t join a union when your mates took protected industrial action to further the contract YOU work under (worked, past tense now). I bet you tried to join a union when your own backside was on fire.

Last edited by Tony the Tiler; 20th Aug 2014 at 08:39.