PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's artificial arm 'became detached while landing plane'
Old 17th Aug 2014, 21:42
A330AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

MOOSP

Yes A330AV8R they do. And if your handle implies you fly commercially then I am astounded that you do not know this.

I refer you back to post 4 of this thread, where the poster kindly gave us all the link to the CAA web site that explains the legislation.

Far smarter medical and engineering minds than seem to appear on this thread have assessed that certain kinds of disability in civil aviation need to be addressed and solved in various ways.The legislation and the CAA medical staff are way more capable than the journalists of the popular press and the frippery of this thread to ensure that the safety of disabled pilots does not compromise any aspect of both civil and private aviation. These legislators continue to provide the levels of safety that is expected under the EASA.

My handle implies THAT exactly .

I have touched all corners of the planet operationally and I have " NEVER " yes " NEVER " seen anyone barring a few really " over weight " individuals who carry personal O2 tanks to breath at night , but that is a different story ........ operating a short or long haul flight .

Case in point a friend of mine Former BA had an unusual heart rhythm and because of this he simply couldn't get a Class 1 medical until he got one outside of the " EASA " system . For the uninitiated this is not a developed condition but is something that your born with .

I have to say that I learn something new every day but this one about the CAA / EASA is a first !

That being said as long as the person is sitting on the left or right then some competent person put them there and disabled or not as long as they are SAFE operators , that's good enough for me !