PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 04:45
Cool Guys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Cool Guys - Correct, but I'd say a decade of development and testing (from the Concorde "minimanche" experiments in the mid-'70s onwards) constitutes a very rigorous evaluation process, even by aviation standards.

26 years since the A320 went into service and the number of hull-losses attributable to the FBW system and the flight deck design on all Airbus FBW types remains at zero. The Airbus FBW types have a safety record that compares very respectably with other types and thousands of the things fly daily.

So I'd say that the worst fears of the more reactionary "experienced" pilots back when the A320 was launched haven't come to pass, and on this occasion they were wrong about a lot of things.

You have changed the subject. I have not studied the A320 development enough to be able to spout off datum's about it. Who is disputing its fine safety record?

We get reactionaries in all walks of life, particularly from arm chair enthusiasts here on the internet. We get professionals with differing opinions and things can get pretty polarised. The subject of our original thread drift was about posters’ comments that you nullified using your dubious statistical evidence based on a very small sample base. In my opinion the majority of these posters seemed like professionals with valid opinions developed from their experience. The only conclusion one can draw from your comments is you think these posters are reactionaries. We have differing views.