PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 10th Aug 2014, 12:20
-JLS-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, just the cost of travel in my case. Obviously if I got somewhat close, then I will definitely try again - but if it turns out that it would be a real stretch to get in on the second attempt, then yes, the costs of return flights and a hotel in Sydney weigh into it a bit. Just getting to that stage was a great experience and I don't have any regrets about it at all, but it is a decent amount of money to put into something again if it looks like the same outcome is likely.

I was only offered Sydney for my assessment centre and a choice of one of 3 consecutive dates about 7 weeks ahead. They do also run them in Brisbane and Melbourne (and also occasionally in Canberra?). Not too difficult to get flights to Melbourne or Sydney from Perth though, which I think they are most likely to give to Perth candidates for that reason.

I already met the medical and ASIC requirements due to having a PPL - I have had my Class 1 medical since early stages of that. I believe there is some sort of agreement where if you are successful in your application with Airservices and you need to go and do your medical, you can potentially claim the costs of it back - but don't quote me on that.

Good luck with your application!