PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRAQ 3?
Thread: IRAQ 3?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2014, 09:48
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dannat weighs in.

Lord Dannatt: We know the dangers of inaction - the West must intervene in Iraq - Telegraph

He must have had a good bottle of wine last night when he was reading this tripe down the phone to the SundayTorygraph staffer.

We were rocketed out of Basra, chased out in a full defeat, because our "boots on the ground" cant fight off and hold, peacefully and on our terms, plots and swathes at any one time, pieces of Iraq ground, without what the UK publically think are unacceptable casualties of our young lads. I was there and sat in the room in Basra, and heard it myself.

And it will be the same again if we step as much as one little toe back in the region (and the UK Military is in a far worse state now than it was then, even in 2008 and 2009).

The US mil managed to knock out or destroy some fighting vehicles last night and well done to the people who did that, but come on, we are talking about destroying a Viet-Cong style army here? They wont do armoured columns and supply bases etc, they are a flowing, walking dispersed army based on terror-entering villages and killing civilians. We wont win that fighting and strafing from the air, all the ISIS have to do is get back on foot and spread out. And carry on, and on. As a method it works brilliantly.
Only way to possibly stop that is get loads of our young lads on the ground fighting their young lads and that will never happen again. Because its unacceptable to our UK voting, caring public. And the USA too, now.

I don't think NATO led Air Power will defeat ISIS, without a massive, massive effort, which isn't there, and wont come in time anyway-its August..all the leaders are on holiday.
Face it, the Yazidis are looking doomed.