PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 05:56
Australopithecus

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts
I have seen that kind of assessment written before. The question that always bubbles to the surface though is: why? If you were about to embark on a long game of reducing terms and conditions you could do it quicker and easier with dialogue (and a long-running propaganda game). The end result would be better, you would capture hearts and minds along the way and you'd still have an airline.

I'd wager that properly staged, without that asinine lock-out, most of Jetstar and the idiotic Asian sideshows, they could have had us on 10% less money for 10% more work by now. And a better fleet, and a billion & a half more in the bank and a credit rating and some credibility.

From my foxhole I am glad they didn't, but I despair for all of my junior colleagues caught out there in the open.

I still reckon the entire sorry spectacle has been performed by looters as Management Theatre, and the show has been underwritten by unwitting mums and dads courtesy of their retirement funds. The circle is completed by the fund managers whooping it up with Clifford and the boys in the Chairmans Lounge, first class cabins and wherever fine Rockpool grub is sold. It ain't their money on the line after all, but it is their butts in those swanky first class seats.

Last edited by Australopithecus; 8th Aug 2014 at 07:06. Reason: "Fine Rockpool grub": this is a hypothetical construct, I just realised.