PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA from an old not so bold.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2014, 14:46
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cravenmorehead, Mike Carlton actually

To the other LAME's here.

Just promoting a bit of discussion, glad to see it's taking place

I've owned 2 aircraft, I've run the maintenance for one operator & I work part time as a pilot. My personal experiences (on my 2 planes), the bad outweigh the good, I can give you all of the circumstances if you wish? The other experiences have been about 50/50.

I can give you the hourly rates of all the trades I work with if you like & none of them approach $95 p/h, that's including the licenced trades (plumber/sparky). That's not to say that you aren't worth $95 p/h, I reckon you're probably worth a bit more than that PROVIDED: I get from you a charter of operations in writing that specifies rectifications will occur if the job is not done correctly. I would also like to see in that charter that if you haven't worked on the aircraft type that I'm having serviced a guarantee that I'm not paying you to learn on it. If an apprentice is doing all of the work on my aircraft and you're signing it off I'd like some sort of concession.

Perspective, would you like me to address all of the points you brought up or were they rhetorical points?

I would gladly take the details via PM of any LAME here that rectifies work if it's not done properly the first time & considers the above points.

Last edited by Jack Ranga; 7th Aug 2014 at 18:16.