PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 5th Aug 2014, 17:00
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Coff,

They are Joint Operations Graphic - Air, Series 1501 AIR, Edition 1. The projection is Transverse Mercator. IIRC they were fairly recent in '68/69 and ahead of what was being used back in UK - I think our 1 : 250,000 series changed in about '72 at Lyneham.

SWMBO and I have completely forgotten how we put pics' etc on here - any chance you could PM us your email address and we'll send the scanned map on to you as an attachment.

AA62,

Sorry, I have been lurking, but as I explained before I can only recall a few slides from those days. Our planning application is before the committee tomorrow, so if we get the nod it will be full steam ahead to sort out our stuff!

No1 son, who was born in Changi Hospital, landed at Changi in his Airbus 350 last week ( showing the new jet in HK & Singapore - lucky devil! ) and asked the handling agent if he could arrange for him to visit the place of his birth. No chance came the reply - the hospital is derelict and fenced-off with no visitors allowed because of the ghosts .