PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Aug 2014, 13:58
casablanca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear the talent pool update....tough to wait so long and get bad or at least no good news!
@manflex 46...Regarding upgrades.
I am probably not one to comment but from what I have gathered talking to first officers is that it seems to be the intention of the company to upgrade more from within.....I have talked to people in training dept. and they were trying to double or triple the number of internal upgrades. With that being said it is necessary to rely on DECs to a great extent with such fast growth.
It does appear to be a long wait as wide body applicants need 7000 hours for command and 2000 on the airplane or a widebody....so many people are 5+ years waiting for the time.
There are a few horror stories of people who were "interviewed" for a command position and turned down for little or no reason.
I do think Qatar still potentially offers one of the quickest tracks to the right seat for experienced first officers