PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intensive PPL with on-site accommodation in nice location?
Old 5th Aug 2014, 09:55
oneredpanther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Intensive PPL with on-site accommodation in nice location?

Hi chaps,

I'm at the end of my tether researching possible places to get my PPL next year.

Currently Denmark based, where training at home is out of the question since it's €300/hour for an ancient Warrior and an hour's train/bus ride each way to the airfield - so I'm looking to travel abroad.

I'm more or less willing to go anywhere in the world (Australia included) to do a 4-6 week residential PPL where I can live on or very close to the training center.

My caveats are that I don't want to have to hire a car for the whole time I'm there, nor spend an outrageous amount of time on public transport getting around. Ideally the accommodation should not be ****, and if they provide their own food/canteen then so much the better.

I suppose you could say I'm looking for the integrated ATPL version of a PPL, minus the uniform and zero job prospects!

In my quiet moments I dream of some friendly little place on the beach with a small shack I can live in and cheap, plentiful food all round.

Cost isn't particularly limiting (budget around €14,000). My main concern is that it's a good experience with minimal commute and minimal hauling around shops for food on public transport.

Your insights welcome!