PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark Interview and Sim
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 00:28
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprisingly both GD1000 and Blink are correct, time will grind you down BUT to date (apart from pissing people off with the el el el cheapo commute travel over the last 12-18 months or so) there are margins to be made on allowances if you wish and I've never not had amounts due to me paid.

Very occasionally oversights occur regards payments - but, to date, always rectified.

Over time largely luck (and I suppose your willingness to adopt the standards/operating techniques the JalMark mafia perceive as "professional") will determine if you have incidents/events and the degree of punishment you HAVE to go through, regardless whether the incident was "with intent" or wrong place/wrong time.
One of the quaint - but certainly less endearing - local management traditions.
A few "punishments" certainly diminishes any illusions/delusions.

Regards current $$ woes google "skymark" and find the latest CAPA update on this all, couple of intersting comments:
- there will be buyers for the A380's (I suppose there's a buyer for anything at a price);
- the A330 strategy makes sense in the long term although expensive to set up;
- there are areas where $$ simply cannot be made (Narita due JJ and Vanilla for example) and whether the loss to have the presence is worth it, maybe it is if the overall operation is making money - or maybe not.

Anyhow I found it an objective and balanced read, whether you agree or disagree with some/all/anything of what they're saying is up to you.

IMHO it's not worth Airbus getting the bad publicity by putting SKY out of business - even if SKY put themselves in the position - IF ANOTHER OPTION CAN BE FOUND.

Hypothetically:
- IF the figures being touted for cancellation (some 20-25% of the order or $600-700 million) is Airbus's bottom line then that's the game over;
- IF someone would take the order(s) and $100-200-300 million cash as "thanks" AND SKY re-focused on its core domestic operation ex Haneda AND rationalised routes/airports where required....suppose there might be some chance.

Would expect there's a lot going on amongst a whole lot of parties whether involved or opportunistic, has to be a final outcome eventually but hopefully/maybe the time that takes and the higher turnover expected during summer hols may see things remain unchanged for a few weeks.
Just my bad guess - feel free to make your own!!