PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Autumn Aeroplane Magazine
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 19:45
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Aerolane Monthly. Bought from issue 1 on subscription back in '73,
HOWEVER . It is now no more than a tabloid and almost identical to FlyPast (Initially openly addressing a less educated audience) which I also have all issues of.
Following a final admin Cock -Up on my overseas subscription to Air International, also held since Issue 1 as AE in 1971 following correspondence with Donald Syner ( "here's the three issues gratis you have missed") I have taken the hint from the current management's attitude, and finally rationalized my buying plan accordingly.
My subscription ( after well over 40 years) to Air International has now been cancelled , due to a total change of its editorial policy and attitude, the mostly vapid (PRO) content of which I can now get for free on the internet.
FlyPast will not be renewed-( read it all before, outside of endless personal reminiscences) and occasional other articles..
Aeroplane Monthly is now also on a cycle of endless repetition of articles ( the latest being of Bee Beamont's already published ( by them) accounts of the P1 and Lightning. Plus ,when printed, repeated cut -aways etc.
Also I regret the huge amount ( typically now c. 30%) of advertising material in these comics.
You may have an audience folks ,but it is no longer me ,I'm afraid.