PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APNG Issues?
Thread: APNG Issues?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 01:35
Che cows with guns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep true Unusual-Attitude according to mine management "Airlines of PNG are commencing domestic flights between Lihir and Port Moresby as an extension of existing services in the area. Newcrest will start using these services as of 1 October 2014" I can sympathise with you regarding late night arrivals in the wet into Lihir, definitely gets the sphincter muscles going. But it is good news for the beleaguered Airlines of PNG.
As well, Hevilift to start on the Lihir to Cairns run with an ATR42-500, and they maintain the Highlands Buka Misima route.

Justa Dash wouldn't it be wonderful if as you allude, a local White Knight businessman, well maybe not so white but you get my drift, with lots of money came in and bought out the Airline. In the process rationalising the route structure, maintaining the aircraft properly, and started treating the staff like human beings. Does such a person exist? The place certainly needs a committed individual such as John Wild senior was. Someone who wants to live in country and is passionate about the company. I doubt this person would keep much of the current management, then again maybe they would thrive under such a person, who knows?

As you correctly point out the current major shareholder just sucks the company dry spending the money on expensive sporting teams in Cairns.
CHEers.
That"s all from this poster now got better things to do.

Last edited by Che cows with guns; 30th Jul 2014 at 04:21.