PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2014, 01:38
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back on track.

004:
Ziggychick, well said That is exactly the reason why we need an overhaul of our aviation environment. You have related a reality check of what the outcome of an aviation accident leaves behind. One example from a survivor. You and Shane Urquhart together on the road talking to our industry would be a formidable team and provide much better insight and understanding than someone like Wodger dribbling on about pony pooh.
Agree totally 004.., back on track & very glad to see Ziggy once again able to add to the debate with such a succinct post... (unlike some on here...).

It is sometime self-satisfying to attack the man (or wabbit), especially a wabbit such as Wodger who has been the instigator of many embuggerances of individual industry stakeholders & some, like Ziggy, innocent bystanders. However at the end of the day the likes of Wodger really do not signify, as he really was only doing the bidding of his (soon to be former) Sociopath master in helping perpetuate the PelAir cover up.

The bigger picture, which Ziggy & 004 allude to, is much more important and is best summarised (before we started drifting) by "K" at post #2061
IMO - Between CASA and Beaker people like Ben Cook and Mal Christie have been treated abominably by those with very few qualifications and much less integrity. Any accountant can run the books, hell a qualified book keeper could do it. We have no need of these administrative types to be running critical safety investigations or managing essential organisations. Look at the buggers muddle Pel Air turned out to be if you think they should.

Would a Houston have recovered the Pel Air black box?

Would a Ben Cook have smudged the ledger to make the page add up?

Would either have manipulated facts and ignored evidence?

Would they tell the world about the life vest issues?

Yet it smugly stands there, the Beaker; reappointed and with enough neck to slither in front of a camera at every opportunity and flap his jaw. Perhaps there is a case for military or AMSA intervention if the minuscule can't see where the ATSB is heading. Why persist with Beaker?, why does he stay where no one, bar the co conspirators want him? Why do we keep him, let some one else mind the tea money while all the real, qualified talent and front line investigators have gone to the Ukraine. I'd bet a beer that when they come home, Beaker will be puffing out his chest, capering about the place picking up the kudos crumbs, like a puppy at a BBQ. It's disgusting, truly, really, absolutely disgraceful.
And from a PT article yesterday (MH17 Admissions of safety failure by Malaysia Airlines?)Ben discretely slid this into the mix..

"...They also go to the heart of the ‘accountability’ factor in modern airline managements, which are incidentally, held to be personally liable for safety outcomes under Australian law according to this country’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority when it isn’t suppressing embarrassing internal documents in such cases at the Pel-Air crash near Norfolk Island in 2009, or letting joy ride pilots like the late Barry Hempel fly unsuspecting customers to their doom because it decided to turn a blind eye to its own responsibilities..."

So by all means Ziggy (& whoever) attend Wodger's lecture, as long as people adhere to..

"...Whilst there, I'd like to bring attention to facts and justice. Which I believe I have the right to do. So I will.
Presence and connecting with others to speak of the truth regarding the shortcomings of the distorted system/s. Ask logical questions.

Going for the right reasons. To listen, then question..."

...there can be no harm done...

IMO Ziggy your presence at the event will speak much louder than words but if you are after intel for the Q&A that follows I am more than happy to oblige, you could start with reviewing my post...Third MoP sponsor: The case of the shrinking Attachment B??

However until such time as the miniscule decides to blink IOS impatience will continue to grow...

I'll finish with a quote from Kharon:
What CASA can't seem to accept is that major change is demanded and industry expects those changes; but the concept is alien to them. They have become very used to, and good at ignoring the likes of coroners, ATSB, FAA and ICAO; but this time the step from the sublime to ridiculous trod on a lot of toes. Since Pel Air and the Forsyth report, the way in which government perceive CASA, particularly in the Senate has changed. Make no mistake – the winds of change are indeed heading towards the ivory tower, like it or not.

In short, perhaps CASA will no longer be able to thumb their nose at industry, Senate and the recommendations of 'other' organisations; not with impunity anyway. CASA have, by a fair minded, impartial jury of peers been weighed, measured and definitely been found wanting. Speculating, but I reckon the Rev. Forsyth wisely allowed to overseas guru's enough latitude to form their own opinions; without his input. Their considered, expert opinion fully justified the Senate findings on the Pel Air ditching. CASA~have arrogantly been the architects of their own demise and must now attempt to be reconciled with industry as the WLR demands.
MTF..