PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 11:30
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hold pool is somewhat an unsolvable mystery it seems after chatting to wings cadets! It seems CTC don't like to publically disclose details of the hold pool. Cadets have been demanding information but so far CTC has failed to provide answers. The cynic could say there is no hold pool, but it seems the majority get jobs. It's also worth noting that a large chunk of the cadets here at CTC currently are pre-selected. The most recent cadets seemed to wait about 2-3 months to get job offers.

I know, like planedrive for a fact that interviews have been conducted by easyJet, BA (for extra cadets to augment FPP1 intake) and Flybe. 6 cadets were pre-selected by Flybe for the 'Flybe wings' scheme and started training in Sep 2012. These pilots are now well into their Q400 (fully paid for) type rating course. I know of a handful of individuals who were recently hired by easyJet and are awaiting a TR date. Further to this I am aware of one individual who was taken on by BA, with a further 4 who I don't personally know. The future for wings cadets looked only a year or two ago, but is looking better now. I am aware of some being cut, but this is mainly due to their own fault as opposed to not obtaining an interview.

By the way I'm not a wings cadet so not biased in anyway, nor am painting a rosy picture. This is the truth. I also take any information from CTC with an enormous shovel of salt.