PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 03:07
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Planedrive,

I work as a pilot and didn't go to CTC for training. The place that I work in now sees a a constant stream of hopefuls turning up weekly with a fresh cpl from one of the sausage factories in the uk/eu.

The recurrent theme is that they have paid huge sums of money with the promises of interviews with easy/flybe etc. Reality is they may have gotten an interview or two but then they are on their own. If they were paying modular prices then getting an interview at the end is a bonus but when your getting close to 100k pounds before being typed I would expect to be walking straight out of a DA42 and into a jet. This is the way it's sold but the reality is it doesn't work like that.

Doing a CTC assessment and passing simply means they think you can pass the course in the given timeframe. A job interview is a different beast all together. Ask the guys aimhigh is talking about. I have heard rumours that sometimes interviews are held and 30-40 people are called but only 1 or 2 were ever going to get a job. Do that a few times and hey presto the pool is empty and you got your "shot" at a job. Waiting around for three assessments could have you waiting a while.

Also be wary of the "stories" about easy and BA all taking people recently. Some of these guys could have interviewed months and in Qatars case years ago. The big schools love these rumours as they keep classes full and the money rolling in.