PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel the fear...and do it anyway?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 18:16
Amber1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feel the fear...and do it anyway?

Ok, so I had my first proper flying lesson today which was intended to help me firm up my decision to go for it and get my PPL. I enjoyed it but I feel a bit torn afterward between still having the desire to achieve my licence and proving to myself I can do it but frankly I was not a natural at it and it all felt a bit new and scary ( from the flying itself to even feeling a bit awkward at the flying school surrounded by new faces and feeling like I know nothing). I was quite scared of controlling the plane and just can't ever imagine getting into one and flying it solo. I think I might be being a bit hard on myself as it is only a first lesson but I'm reading so much on here from people who say "if you Have to question your decision it's not worth the investment as you have to LOVE it". Guess what I'm asking for is whether any of you have felt the same after your first lessons? Is it normal and I should just have a few more to see how I go before investing 1000s on something I might not love?