PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 10:57
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by A_Van
Objectivity of the Russian press is in big question, yes. I did not say that I took that article as a complete true. But the same for UK and US press, for sure. BBC recently erased the footage of their correspondent in the "MH17 area" just because it contradicted with the baseline.
A truly free press simply does not exist in Russia; any media organization with any objectivity or independence of thought has been brought under control of the Kremlin or snuffed out. When the Kremlin has a particular party line, no-one dares publish anything that contradicts that view. As has been reported recently, the Russia Today journalist Sara Firth resigned in protest citing editorial interference and use of misinformation in the presentation of the MH017 story.

Personally, I would simply disregard anything broadcast or published by any russian media organization, because it cannot be trusted to be independent or impartial.

The BBC are a far from a perfect organization, but they are at least editorially independent of the British Government.