PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 13:05
DanSmithAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taimoor Changezi
I spoke to two of my RAAF friends who are Aeronautical engineers, if i could transfer at a later stage from non commissioned to commissioned officer. And they said it's possible(even the DFR Sargent said it was possible). So, at least i still have a chance to become an officer in RAAF. They suggested that i join as AEA and work for a few years, get airborne experience and then apply to transfer from AEA to ACO (cause the role is almost similar to ACO). What do you think, should i go for AEA and is there any chance for me to transfer to Officer from AEA? Sir, i really need your help here!!!
Put it this way, on the course before my FSP there was 2 current enlisted guys, on my FSP course there was also another 2 current enlisted and also in the course starting when I left there was 2. From memory they were all RAAF, and in their mid to late 20's (I think one fella was early 30's).

If you are competiteve in the future, I am sure you can get a spot from PSA (Although unless you show considerate improvement from your YOU session aptitude tests, I am not sure how they will treat you).

Good luck.