PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Lose Gatwick Contract (Split thread)
Old 21st Jul 2014, 22:02
Tomohawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherthing
I know Gatwick wanted to up their game regarding number of movements this year... looking at 60+ per hour throughout the day. This was all dependant on information sharing systems and technology developed by NATS. Obviously they will not get access to this now unless they pay, which will in turn make the DFS contract more expensive than the headline figure that they have tendered, unless of course Gatwick owners decide they do not want more movements per hour, which I doubt.
Gatwick will still be a customer of NATS will they not? The DFS contract is for the Tower services. Approach Radar services will still be provided by NATS from TC at Swanwick. So the NATS-Gatwick Airport relationship does not end here.

Originally Posted by anotherthing
Birmingham are fairly often calling TC to ask us to reduce the inbound flow due to lack of staff... one wonders if Gatwick will be the same...
One questions who the current ANSP is at EGBB? And why the unit is not properly manned?

Originally Posted by Gonzo
I thought we were still waiting for evidence that DFS is 'subsidised' by the German government.
We are still indeed waiting. Despite the shock and even outrage on this thread that Gatwick dare subcontract a different provider...

It is indeed worrying though. And whoever it was that said NATS and it's management are stuck in a public sector mindset was probably nearest the mark.

Thoughts to our colleagues at Gatwick who are in a very uncertain time with no doubt some difficult months ahead.