PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 10:33
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
As the last poster suggested there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye, especially if the eye looks no further than the mainstream media.. The harm to Russia caused by damaging their energy economy would be signifcant and was tactic used in the Reagan era where Saudi Arabia increased production to the extent it damaged Russian oil exports and crippled their economy.

I personally do not want to be dependent on the USA for energy any more than I do Russia. In many ways they are both as bad as each other, big bully nations with a huge sense of entitlement and have proved many times that they do not care who gets in their way.

One thing that is guaranteed is that the team who shot this plane down are in a world of trouble , if the West finds them its 30 years in jail , but that unlikely because the KGB or whatever they are called this week will find them first and I doubt thier life span will be 30 days after causing Putin a huge amount of grief and to send a clear message out not to embarrass mother Russia.
Russia is culpable to the extent that it knows what psychotic idiots some of the rebels are and failed to stop them getting their hands on anything serious. But then arming unsuitable people is a long established superpower game , Rumsfeld armed the iraqis and the CIA armed the Taliban to name two examples and Russia literally gave the world the AK47.