PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 23:16
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
So let me get this straight… some lurker picks up half conversations from a couple of J* pilots having a private conversation down at the pub, allegedly making disparaging remarks about Qantas pilots. And rather than growing a pair and confronting them, he sees fit to run to the nearest computer and get on a public internet forum and start bagging out all Jetstar pilots. Others then jump in, and in the space of a few short posts we have in summary:

Jetstar pilots-

Have a LCC culture and mentality – which apparently means they will never successfully work in a QF uniform (funny, given a vast number of them came from Q link or mainline).

Have a different (lower) recruitment standard.

Have a lower psych test standard.

Fly non sanctions procedures.

Undergo substantially less command training.

I could go on – especially if I visit other pages.

When you boil down all this vitriol; all that is really being said is that Jetstar pilots are of a lesser / worse / inferior standard when compared to a Qantas pilot.

No worries. Thanks for your underwhelming opinion of us, and you wonder why Jetstar pilots find it hard to empathise with you given the crap position you now find yourself in. Incidentally, I rarely see any Jetstar pilot cast such a negative assessment of a Qantas (or virgin / tiger / skywest / alliance / Cobham / Qlink / rex) pilots’ standard or professional ability.

KM