PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Waddington show - what happens now?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 22:22
Valiantone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who grew up in Lincolnshire in the 1970s and 80s with the local airshows, at Binbrook, Coningsby and Waddington. And the BoB airshow over the border at Finningley.

I will say that I do miss them all holding them even though two bases are now long gone.

But I would rather they rebuild it (Waddington) so its fit for purpose for another 40 odd years to operate its current and future roles and whatever comes after that. If there is a role left for it, I dread to think what the sadly depleted RAF will have left in 20 years time. (I suspect my grandfather will be turning in his grave at the state its been cut down to even now)

I had heard that the only good parking ramps at Scampton are those used by the Reds, even if they did do the runway last year.

I am all for the guys and girls having a well earned years break in 2015, and can see why its current role hinders holding it, so I just hope an alternative around this part of the world can be found. If not I will miss the show at Waddington, as much as I miss Binbrook, if as it seems its never likely going to happen again. .

V1