PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Waddington show - what happens now?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 12:14
WH904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The seaside shows do seem to be the way forward, even if they're pretty disappointing in terms of getting up close to aircraft. If the CAA pushes the absurd safety issues any further it'll probably be better to watch these shows from France.

I've moaned about this saga before, but I still think the way forward would be to make one show much more about seeing the RAF (and Nato) in action. Not aerobatic performances (leave those to the Reds). There's a lot that could be done if the RAF had the will. I don't accept that it's all about costs and logistics - how come Culdrose and Yeovilton don't seem to have any problems?

I can't help thinking that the whole saga is simply a symptom of the way the RAF is these days. The "chiefs" down in Whitehall just don't seem to be the same people who were there many years ago. They don't have the same imagination, will, interest, call it what you will. Public Relations is now simply something that they want to outsource as a means of making money. I don't think they have any real interest in the issue any more - and Waddington is probably just the latest victim.