PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South Coast aircraft down 6/7/14
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 03:08
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speculating is part of the learning process. By the time the ATSB has worked it out it's usually 2.5 years later and the accident is long gone from our memories. For RAA aircraft, there usually is not the ATSB involved so we may never ever hear about this again.

By suggesting for example it was a bird strike, someone might read this and think twice about skimming along a beach at 50ft where birds usually reside and it might save another life or two. If you think to yourself that a bird could bring down your aircraft you may be extra cautious on your next flight. (Note: 50ft comment is not related this thread)

If a 210 goes in after taking off at last light and everyone starts suggesting somotographical illusion, then great, there's something I have just learnt about that I will keep in mind for my next flight. If the accident didn't happen, we wouldn't have been discussing it.

The best way to learn about aviation is to talk about it, consult with your resident airport peanut gallery, instructors, students and CPL's. The clinical approach of heading in to your local sausage factory for your 1 hour lesson and heading home straight afterwards won't get you the "life" experience that you need to be a safer and older pilot.