PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2014, 05:14
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. I was wondering if you could all take a little time to read about a problem we have at Qantas Engineering and how you could assist our blokes. The airline are about to sack 175 LAMEs and we're pretty pissed off about it. They are basing much of their claim of over staffing on the lack of maintenance records for the things we try to fix.

Quite often FAs or Techies will call our members up pre departure to have a look at something. The LAMEs will then do what they can to help out but it regularly goes unrecorded, this is what Qantas wants because they can justify more redundancies. For us the more snags we can justifiably demonstrate the better.

If I could kindly ask that anything that you do require an Engineer for, whether it be in flight or beforehand, be written up formally in the Cabin, IFE or Tech Logs. I know that for the crew this may seem like an additional function during the busiest period of your duty but for us it is the lifeline that retains employment. If an aircraft is delayed in the process, so be it. It most likely means there are not enough of you either.

cheers
Steve P