PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5 injured due turbulence
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2014, 11:24
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if they're not trained on using the medical kit, then what exactly do they do on their six week cabin crew course costing several thousands of pounds. We all know very little of it is customer service and SEP can be covered in way less time so what exactly do they do on their course? I'm not bashing (no doubt the resident LCC bashers will be along in a minute too) but I'm actually curious.

A good portion on my training back when I was crew was using the the contents of the first aid kit. Granted some airbus spec stuff was not covered (usually because our own kit provided was superior) but we certainly had kit for breaks, sprains and severe bleeds, in addition to the over the counter medication we could give out (pointless as in most cases the plane had landed before the medication had chance to take hold).

Airlines with defribs have trained crew, and step by step instructions are given out by them anyway, so I'm curious as to what the doctors kit is and why the crew couldn't use it, and why regular av med first aid kits could not be opened.

I realise if there are no seals or a product goes below a minimum then engineering have to repack them at a significant cost but I find it unbelievable that this could have happened.