PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long are you going to wait, wait and wait?
Old 21st Jun 2014, 15:59
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They offer to fly for free, have the stigma of the faked licences, ego problems, generally won't stick around for extended periods on small aircraft and a few other bits and pieces.

Whether this is true or not, I don't really know, nor care on passing judgement. However this is the reputation that comes with Indian pilots and I am just saying it as it is!
So the person who posted this is not sure about the things he is saying about Indian pilots yet he goes on to propagate negative sentiments about Indians. That really shows a good ethical sense.

Similar negative sentiments used to be propagated about Chinese products till about a decade back. And now China has established itself as the world's factory. It is just that some people cannot handle competition and would not desist from spreading lies about their competitors.

They offer to fly for free
Say what!! Where did P2F start? Just to clarify, there is not a single airline in India that does P2F. Eaglejet and the like can get you P2F bases in Europe but not India. Why? Because there is a huge local demand for P2F in Europe. You guys have spoiled it for the rest of the world and when a few idiots from India have followed in your footsteps, you are trying to paint all Indians with the same brush? Come on, be fair!

faked licences
I think quite a few have a problem with the Indian licence though.
Firstly, padding of logbooks takes place all over the world. Secondly, a lot of the guys caught and penalized by the Indian DGCA had trained abroad. What about the guys who certified their logbooks? They were not Indians. Why did the foreign authorities fail to initiate action against the people who certified their logbooks?

Also an overwhelming majority of Indian pilots i have met who tried their luck in Africa trained for their CPLs in South Africa. Others carry an FAA license. So it seems the problem is not really with their license but with the color of their skin.

Try getting in SAA as a white male applicant with thousands of hours
I guess you are talking about the Black Economic Empowerment programmes. But why are you not talking about the horrible things that the whites have done in SA? Because of the forceful deprivation of the Blacks and Asians at the hands of the whites they never got the opportunity to get the same quality of education as the whites. Where was the talk of equal opportunity when the nationalist white governments used to spend 8-10 times as much on the education of white kids as they spent on the education of Black/Asian kids? It was a planned move to ensure that a form of apartheid continued to exist in the job market even after apartheid was formally abolished. BEE is there to ensure that such injustice does not take place.