PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 21:05
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
MSOCS,

I see where you're coming from. I would also say that the laws of physics haven't changed, despite airborne technology, and the Rules of Engagement don't get any less restrictive. But, most importantly, I think what the guy is saying, goes back to the stuff that others have discussed here: the value of stealth, the true 360 signature, the effectiveness of DASS vs cockpit visibility, the compromises in performance required to meet the so called requirements.

I guess the point is that he is saying all the stuff that lots of thinking people are asking about. The responses are, largely, good news broadcasts about how well the latest VL trials went.

I think there are two distinct issues here. One is the cost/delay thing, that prompts lots of posts about the positive reports about programme progress. The other is capability, g restrictions, lack of manoeuvrability (energy as well as turn), etc. this guy has just talked about the the issues that have been pushed to the rear on this thread.

He understands fighter/bomber capabilities as well or better than any of us. I'm sure there are plenty here that would be happy to discredit him. They are welcome try, but this is the guy that helped design one of the most successful a/c of this era.

A man with no clue? You tell me.

Sorry to go on, but the interview covered a lot of ground.

Just concerns...