PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lightspeed Zulu 1 - PNR: Poor?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 02:22
Strainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been using DC's H10.60's and have been for years. For a PNR headset they're perhaps still the best out there, even though they've been on the market for a long time now. They have nice big ear cups that fit around ones ears instead of sitting on them as the later headstes seem to with their sleek, slimline, modern (but small) looking cups. You might even say that ones ears help locate and anchor your headset to your noggin better, than the more recent smaller offerings do.

I had an opportunity recently to use the latest and greatest from Bose. I have to admit that I was stunned at the decrease in the noise level when I hit the on button, even though I was only sitting there warming up the machine. I actually turned off the ANR component off during the runup and takeoff in case I missed something that went 'pop' or 'bang'.
With the electronic wizardry turned off, things got a lot louder than the old but faithful H10.60's. I wondered at the time just how well these ANR headsets actully protect ones hearing as opposed to the older but more substantial PNR headsets?