PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 9th Jun 2014, 01:53
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discuss.

CoftC #158- " Although citing “recent medical research”, it gave no evidence for substantiating such a claim."
That is a notion troubling me; the lack of overt support evidence being provided. Perhaps, (call me paranoid) in the AAAT a claim of "my hands are tied" can be peddled. The UK and FAA certainly have got the 'supporting science' and if they make CAD the only acceptable norm, then all that remains is the ICAO defence and the 'no event' track record. That opens the door to the opposition. Anyone who can or has access the CAD research should have a chat with Doc. Pape: forewarned being forearmed and all that stuff.
"There are people flying in Australia who I know would not fly in other jurisdictions. And I think it is a worthwhile project to review colour vision deficiencies and to review the data we have. I just cannot fund it and it is not a high priority to me."
Ain't that a shame, when it just may be of some high priority and interest to a hundred odd pilots that depend on a license, to earn a living.

The quote follows directly after the part below: -
-

Frustrated now :- I'll try later to get the 'vision' splendid, where the body language and temper were on display; Hansard just doesn't quite catch the petulance of the later morsel.

Right then – back to my knitting.

Last edited by Kharon; 11th Jun 2014 at 20:19. Reason: Add a bit