PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 5th Jun 2014, 20:18
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bastardry in its purest form.

Woke up, let the dogs out, made a coffee and attended to email – so far- so good; then the CASA letter to AOC holders pops up – if YOU haven't read it, you must. Any sane, rational person who reads it can be left in no doubt as to the duplicitous, arrogant, cowardly, bullying nature of the regulator. Even those amongst us who have had an ambivalent, tolerant, mildly amused attitude toward the CASA antics, must now start to see the pure evil inherent in the system.

More so than even the Chambers report, this letter defines precisely the ills which beset industry, think about what the letter says and the implications – it's disgusting.

In the meantime, CASA has written to all potentially affected pilots advising them to consider whether t is safe for them to continue to exercise their flight crew privileges subject only to the existing CVD related condition, and encouraging them to seek the advice of their personal physician or Designated Aviation Medical Examiner about any adjustments that should be made to their flying practices, pending the outcome of CASA’s review.

As I told recipients of that advice I would be doing, I write to you now, as the holder of an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) who may employ one or more affected pilots, to encourage you to consider whether it is safe to allow those pilots to continue to exercise flight crew privileges under your AOC, subject only to the existing condition, and what adjustments to those arrangements you may consider to be appropriate, in the interests of safety, pending CASA’s further determination of the matter.
I doubt the Faraway Muppet has the mental horse power to write this missive. The U-bend tube episode of the purported author at the –
-; watch he who needed to be repeatedly fished out of his own mess by his lord and master, only to be ultimately dismissed as irrelevant. Watch the first 3-4 odd minutes.

If minister Truss or his team ever had any doubts that 'we have a problem' the letter should allay those doubts. In fact Truss should be screaming for a swat team to get over to Sleepy Hollow and sort it out, before the world and the media realise the size of the monster and the evil within the beast.

Minister, they have to go – and they have to go now. This letter is a national disgrace and embarrassing to the government at a time when the eyes and ears of the aviation world are on Australia. Let us hope their mild amusement and tolerance of antipodean antics does not turn to derision. The Kiwi's must be rolling about the floor, laughing.

Comrade SARCS - could you please post the 'Shambollic' clip. Ta.

Yes Minnie; I know – deep one in – deep one out – till equanimity returns.

Last edited by Kharon; 5th Jun 2014 at 20:29. Reason: Not my indaba – but I'll happily hold Arthur's jacket.