PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “Anonymous Keying of the Mic” Tales Old and New
Old 5th Jun 2014, 12:12
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capa Del Frasca weapons range on Sardinia. The Range Control Tower was in a slightly unusual location that, on occasion, led to the odd wayward practise bomb getting a bit close

The story occur's some time ago, SOP's may subsequently have changed. Also these are not the only SOP's, others may now be available .....

A 4 ship starts up for a jaunt to the range, we'll call them London. 1 jet, say London 3, has a snag so is dlelayed.

The remaining 3 pitch up at the range and begin their weaponry practise. They let range control know the remaining jet may pitch up later. After a while 1 of them drops a practise bomb a touch closer to range control than was desirable so range control send him home.

"London 2, you a bomba me, you go home now"

Tail between his legs London 2 departs on his way home. Then, showing commendable SA, he realises London 3 has still not turned up. So having gone a respectable distance he turns around and calls for join as "London 3" only to hear the response

"It's a no good, I recognisa your voice, you try to bomba me, you still go home"

My apologies to any Italian friends for trying to represent an accent in words.