PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 1st Jun 2014, 03:17
CoftC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, basically overnight, without consultation or notification, CAsA have changed the standards for Australia whereby a CVD pilot that has not passed one of the three tests cannot have a career as a pilot in any form.

They can't even fly freight, fly a crop duster, instruct, fly day vfr scenic flights, nothing

My 15 year career so far flying IFR/night piston/turboprop charter, most of which as a Chief Pilot (and actually enjoying GA) has solely relied on the results of the Denison case and the work of Arthur Pape. Let's hope I can pass the CAD test or it's game over

I will never forget the day when I was 15 and my dreams were shattered with the school careers adviser discovering I was slightly CVD and telling me I couldn't fly for a living (oblivious to the relaxing of the regs due to the Denison case).It looks like many more dreams/careers will be denied or destroyed. CAsA has no consideration or care for the personal impacts this has, when there is NO safety case for it.

Wasn't Australia once the place for a 'fair go'?? CAsA, rather than leading the world are being total cowards