PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio Discipline
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 15:51
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2p

[QUOTE] the clarity over the bubin fix seems a bit dodgy at times actually... or is it just me? /QUOTE]

Not nearly as bad as the "Desdi triangle" - not really the spot where you need a radio black hole...

[QUOTE] Personally I find the US RT the most effective and efficient way of radio. /QUOTE]

Just because you can't be bothered doing things properly doesn't mean the rest of us will follow your lead!

[QUOTE] You ARE NOT EXPECTED to report "established ILS XX." You are just adding to radio congestion when you make that unnecessary call! Particularly in extremely busy environments such as NY /QUOTE]

Maybe so in NY but in Dubai (and much of the rest of the world), we are REQUIRED to ascertain that you are established before transfer to the tower. Any doubts as to why, just ask a Swiss(air) pilot. The fact that certain individuals don't bother to do so doesn't change the requirement.

As to attitudes, we do try but after the twentieth Air Arabia in a row asks for everything but the kitchen sink and/or each and every flight to/from the sub-continent insists on confirming each and every transmission it does become a bit wearing..... methinks they wouldn't make the same requests in other, busy, complex TMAs, so why here?