PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 09:45
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
Well in my view that is exactly what he is saying, post the article, likely they will all agree with you no matter what.

He says some interesting things especially that the QF pilots are "mid range" on an international comparison.
You must get a special copy of the AFR. In the one I'm looking at ('Qantas suffers from Australia's extremist "free skies" ', p.35), QF pilots don't get a single mention, mid-range or otherwise.

Here's the part where he mentions interest-free loans:

'What would the Australian government need to do to put Qantas on an even footing with the likes of Emirates, Etihad, and their scion, Virgin Australia?

Well, for a start, the government would have to buy up all the airports in Australia and allow Qantas to land free. It would have to stop Qantas paying any corporate tax. And it would have to allow the depreciation rates on aircraft to be chopped by around two-thirds.

And if the Governor-General could write Qantas a $3 billion interest-free loan - that would certainly help too.

Obviously this is nonsense.'
(my bold)

So why is what you're claiming to have read so different, do you reckon, FBN? Or did you just read the bigger writing where it quoted the bit about the G-G?