PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 07:17
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in my view that is exactly what he is saying, post the article, likely they will all agree with you no matter what.

He says some interesting things especially that the QF pilots are "mid range" on an international comparison.

Wasn't my reading of the data but its a free country we can disagree and still all be great mates. I think any objective evaluation of the data tells the story that you guys are just miles in front.

Your own man Barry Jackson said four years ago the average A380 captain was only earning $415K (AUD) , that is before the pay rise.

That is $20K Aussie a month clear think you are up 10% since the payrise, anyone got a link to the actual contract ?

Emirates is $12/13K Aussie a month clear , oh but you get a donga to stay in & we pay your power bill , but you will be flying 90 hours a month. Temps of 45 degrees for months it just sounds wonderful.

Who HooOOOO. What a deal mate !!!. Private school fees there are exorbitant and they are capped in terms of amount, no of kids. There are actually great high schools particularly the selective ones around Sydney (I went to one of them) , high schools in Perth regularly out gun the top private schools (Applecross , Rossmoyne HS etc etc) - don't cost a cracker.

Mega prices for schooling in lovely Dubai, just two /three in primary early middle school you will likely be paying $30 to $40 K over the Emirates allowance - there goes at least a quarter of your take home

South America & Africa - no contest there

The Sand- see data above , good coin for a bloke from a developing country

EU- BA 747 clearing 165,000AUD , QF 747 clearing $240K - so 50% up

Lufthansa & Air France/KLM very seniors might get near but lets have a closer look.

Luft: It is in Germany, and Germany is the strongest economy in Europe , and it has advanced manufacturing and other things like a pharmaceutical industry. Germany has more people than we do and Australia is not Germany

Air France/KLM : A financial basket case which the froggie Govt still owns 20% of , losses for years

China: The best you will do is $18K USD for 80 hours a month. The quote of $350USD pa is complete Bull as is the 42 days annual leave.

Just a few of the disadvantages might be.

• 20 days leave per year instead of 42
  • are you allowed to have a sick day in China, almost limitless paid sickies at Qantas
  • you will fly close to 900 hours per year, instead of Gentleman's 550 at Qantas
  • working for contract company , which could go belly up anytime
  • Chinese will change your contract when and how they feel
  • living working in a totalitarian , overcrowded polluted state
  • Few basing in Aus
  • Can get canned in a sim anytime , no rights of redress
  • astronaut standard medicals
  • chinese pilots smoking in cockpits
  • Can get canned anytime for any "cultural" slight that you were completely oblivious about
  • Contracts are only for 3 years , will the same $$$ be available after that
  • They will fling you as soon as they can, look at how quick SIA flung the expats
But likely the biggest one is that you are relying on Flight Crew Agency men telling you the big kind airline is paying all your Chinese tax, you can commute from home or be based at home and have to pay no tax to your Govt - sure thing !! I am so sure the ATO has given the Flight crew agency men a binding private ruling , so sure so sure. The Agency men are very knowledgeable to provide this advice and are complete experts on international tax law.

Let's discuss the US next week

The QF pilots are icons and are special and deserve to be paid 50% more than their other first world counterparts. Lefts give them a three billion dollars of tax payer money - we should organize a protest march.

I have to go now , I have a date