PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 12:54
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are discussing this topic and do not want to personalise this by whether I would pull off a FL or not. I am just as bad as anyone else in not practising these things until a check ride

It may well be that long term a fairly standard procedure maybe to use the chute for the majority of engine failures as statistics could point that way but I wonder how much those statistics are clouded by the fact that we do not practice FLs enough or in my case with twins practice engine failures enough ?

Again looking at the chute pull statistics many could have been avoided by basic piloting skills and there is a worry with all the technology available that pilots are forgetting those skills and relying more on technology to make up for a lack of those skills. A dangerous principal to follow.

But hey I am not promoting myself as some sort of SkyGod who is well on top of everything but arguing a point.
I have had a fair amount of experience and done a fair amount of stupid things in the course of getting that experience which luckily I have to date got away with others may not be so lucky.

Pace